Ships fully assembled & comes with a wood display stand
|Dimensions:||24" L x 4" W x 20" H|
|Ships in:||1 business day|
Express shipping available at checkout
SOLD FULLY ASSEMBLED
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
These Limited Edition scale replica yacht models of the famous Canadian schooner Bluenose 2 are sure to please discriminating sailing boat aficionados and racing yacht enthusiasts alike with their fine detailing and precise craftsmanship. Emanating the winning spirit of their namesake, these detailed scale yacht models are the perfect size for display upon any table, shelf or desk while adding a touch of classic elegance to the room they grace.
24" L x 4" W x 20" H (1:80 scale)
- Accurate museum-quality scale replica of the real Bluenose 2 racing yacht
- Fully assembled with all masts, sails and rigging already secure and taut
- Individual plank on frame construction of the hull using fine quality woods, with each plank and wood grain visible through the paint
- High quality Craftsmanship and Details over standard 17” model sailboats, including:
- Improved details and accuracy of all deck and hull details
- Increased number of details and items on deck, including buckets and barrels, cleats, rope coils and more
- Two accurate lifeboats with oars tied-down to deck
- Metal anchors with wooden crossbars
- Significantly increased rigging with greater detail and accuracy
- Lightly-starched, high-quality canvas sails never wrinkle or sag
- Cloth flags and racing pennants fly from the masts and rigging
- Limited production run of this model
- Significant research to guarantee accuracy of our model sailing yachts includes sources such as photos, historical plans and original artwork
- Removable base features Bluenose 2 nameplate
The Bluenose is the pride of Canadian Yachting due to it's incredible performances in the International Fisherman's Trophy races held in the 1920's and 30's. She was the winner of the race 4 times in just 7 entries. In 1937 she was forever immortalized as the Canadian Mint put her likeness on the ten cent piece. In 1955 both the schooner and her Captain, Angus Walters, were inducted into the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame for their contribution to their country.
In 1963 a replica of the original was built to commemmorate the pride and glory of the original. Bluenose II was built to the original specs but she was not built to race, but rather to preserve a heritage. In 1971 Bluenose II was sold to the province of Nova Scotia and she is dry docked in Lunenberg. Tours are conducted six months annually.
The Preservation Trust
On October 31, 1994, the Province of Nova Scotia, owner of the schooner Bluenose II, having decided to scuttle the ship, handed over possession of Bluenose II to a group of us volunteers. Our mandate was to restore the ship to full operational status and to maintain and operate her for the people of Nova Scotia. Over the winter of 1994-95 we restored the ship’s hull, and she was recommissioned in May 1995. Under an agreement with the Province we maintained and operated Bluenose II with pride and success until March 31, 2005.
Volunteers incorporated under the name Bluenose II Preservation Trust Society, a not-for-profit organization, on November 17, 1994, when they also were registered as a charity under the Income Tax Act of Canada.
In 1995, they established a trust fund to preserve the legacies of traditional seamanship skills and the craft of building great wooden ships, as now represented by Bluenose II. Funds are raised through public donations and proceeds from sales in the Bluenose II Company Store, which was established by the Trust in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, in the spring of 1995.
Nova Scotians and supporters of the Bluenose legacy from across Canada, indeed from around the world, can be part of that “wooden ships and iron men” legacy through donations to the Trust. Tax receipts are issued for all donations of $5.00 and over.
Funds are raised through the operation of the vessel, public donations, licensing the use of the image of the ship and her predecessor, and sales in the Bluenose II Ship's Company Store.
|Bluenose Limited 32"||Endeavour 2 27" Limited||Bluenose Limited 50"||Big Game Fishing 28"||Pacific Sailboat 17"||Blue Striped Sailboat 15"||Atlantic 32"||Columbia 35" Limited||Gone with the Wind 28"||Weatherly 35" Limited||Newport Sloop 26"||William Fife Limited 35"||Remote Control Queen Anne's Revenge 18" ||Enterprise 16"||Endeavour 35" Limited||Endeavour 55"|