Guaranteed Lowest Sailboat Prices!
|Dimensions:||32" L x 3" W x 35" H|
|Ships in:||1 business day|
Express shipping available at checkout
|You Save:||$50.00 (20%)|
NOT A MODEL SHIP KIT
Attach Sails and the Defender model yacht is Ready for Immediate Display
This elegant model yacht of America’s Cup winner Defender is the perfect highlight for a bedroom or beach house, office or meeting room while sailing from atop any mantle, shelf or table. Brightening any room with her presence, Defender model shines through with the unbound freedom of the wind, graceful speed of the waves and winning spirit of their famous namesake in this limited edition model yacht.
32" L x 4" W x 35" H (1:49 scale)
- Authentic museum-quality scale replica of the real Defender racing yacht
- Individual plank on frame construction of the hull using fine quality woods, with each plank and wood grain visible through the paint
- High quality craftsmanship and details, including:
- Increased details and items on deck compared to standard models
- Brass wire railing running along gunwales
- Clear window panes in all deckhouses
- Lifeboat with accurate design and curved bottom
- Accurate scale of all deck and hull components
- Thick, sturdy canvas used for all sails
- Limited production run only 100 of these model sail boats
- Certificate of Authenticity individually numbered and signed by HMS Founder and Master Builder Richard Norris
- Significant research to guarantee accuracy of this yacht model includes sources such as photos, historical plans and original artwork
- Pre-assembled, simply attach the masts and display
- Ready to display in less than five minutes
- Separate pre-assembled hull and sails ensure safe shipping and lower cost
- Insert mast in designated hole and clip brass rigging hooks as shown in illustrations
- Sails and rigging already complete
Defender was the 1895 America's Cup defender.
Defender was designed by Nathanael Greene Herreshoff and built by the Herreshoff Manufacturing Company in 1895. It was Herreshoff's second victorious America's Cup defender design.
Defender was a sloop with all-metal construction: steel, aluminum, and manganese bronze. It was owned by William Kissam Vanderbilt, Edwin D. Morgan and C. Oliver Iselin, and skippered by Henry C. Haff.
Defender defeated the New York Yacht Club's Vigilant then went on to defend the cup against British keel cutter Valkyrie III. Following the contest, Defender was towed to New Rochelle where it remained for another four years without sailing. It was rebuilt to race trials against the 1899 America's Cup defense candidate, Columbia. Defender was broken up in 1901.
* Overall length: 37.5m
* Length at water line: 27.17m
* Beam (width): 7.03m
* Draft: 5.81m
* Displacement: 151.5 tonnes
* Sail area: 1134.3 m2
|Bluenose 50"||Bluenose Limited 32"||Blue Striped Sailboat 15"||Pacific Sailboat 17"||America's Cup Contender 40"||Bluenose 2 Limited 24"||America 16"||Bluenose 2 32"||Atlantic 32"||Columbia Limited 16"||Columbia 35" Limited||Sailing Away 28"||America 44"||Volunteer 35" Limited||Vigilant 35" Limited||Stars and Stripes 40"|